Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4

Thread: Another google slap ?

That's a pretty accurate cartoon. Was reading the thread over at webmasterworld and the Adwords Advisor posted:

Thanks for all of the reports. This is a technical issue - we've now identified the problem and expect to have this resolved soon. Please note that this is unrelated to the Quality Score update that we plan to release next week."

So some of those high bids you saw today were a technical issue. And today they added the quality score column but the quality score update hasn't happened yet, that's next week, the way I'm reading it. I hope what I'm seeing now is some indication of how things will turn out.
    Last edited by TrustNo1; February 17th, 2007 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff_Tiberius_Farnsworth View Post
    I call this one

Quality Score

~B

Hahahah!! Nice. Well Done Biff.

H Garcia

I hadn't seen this thread yet!

Yesterday my sales on a bunch of sites stopped. Sales were going strong all day them 13:00 they stop for a couple hours, I thought it was CB again.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff_Tiberius_Farnsworth View Post
    I call this one

Quality Score

~B

Great Cartoon Biff
    i spit my coffee because it made me laugh so much

Anyone Had his keywords reactivated yet?
    i am in a stalemate no more keywords turned off , however none of the 5-10$ ones turned back on.

Same as you. No change here.

It seems to have staightened out today. Everything is running fine again.

CJ

Quote Originally Posted by macoracle View Post
    Fuggin ridiculous, just imagine how many guys put their fists through their monitors this morning. I spilt my damn coffee! How many times does google have to stab us in the throats repeatedly with a plastic sala d fork!!?/??
    I guess they'll keep doing it forever to continually improve the quality of their product.

They have no direct control of what's posted online so they've come up with a bunch of criteria by which to judge whether that content is relevant to what their search customers want.

I think it's great philosophy, I'm all for quality not crap. Stop thinking like you're a victim, they're trying to help you and their search 'customers'. Everytime they raise the bar, we lose more crap websites, surely you don't have a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by cjshu View Post
    It seems to have staightened out today. Everything is running fine again.

CJ
    Some of my ads are showing that they have great quality and show a minimum bid of 2 cents but when I put the mouse cursor over my active/inactive indicator, it says my keywords are of low quality and are not currently being displayed. Doesn't make sense. Google is kinda messed up now thanks to the technical error.

H Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CBniche View Post
    The following German kid logged into his Google AdWords account this morning only to find out that Google had just deactivated 95% of his keywords. Google wanted $10.00 a click to reactivate most keywords...

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=192315
    That kid is friggin psycho man...
    Hidden Content - No Bull Strategies For Making Money Online

Quote Originally Posted by BoogalooDude View Post
    I guess they'll keep doing it forever to continually improve the quality of their product.

They have no direct control of what's posted online so they've come up with a bunch of criteria by which to judge whether that content is relevant to what their search customers want.

I think it's great philosophy, I'm all for quality not crap. Stop thinking like you're a victim, they're trying to help you and their search 'customers'. Everytime they raise the bar, we lose more crap websites, surely you don't have a problem with that?
    I agree with you 100% BoogalooDude. It will make it better for us all!!!!

It will be nice to know a quality score, that way were not in the dark as much.

I'm glad I didn't log into Ewealth and Adwords until now or I would of been all freaked out not knowing this was some kind of error.
    Hidden Content most recent post...
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by carr11 View Post
    I agree with you 100% BoogalooDude. It will make it better for us all!!!!
    Glad to hear it It's just good for business, the better quality service Google provides, the more people use them to search for stuff, the bigger our market is.

Some people react as if Google are just doing it for fun to spoil their day and make life harder for them. Far from it, it's the core of their excellent business philosophy.

The quality score criteria isn't hard to understand and Google are actually helping us to send higher quality traffic to our sites that's more likely to convert to a sale. How anyone can have a problem with that is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogalooDude View Post

Very well stated BD...........absolutely 100% on point.

"Everytime they raise the bar, we lose more crap websites, surely you don't have a problem with that?"

You also lose sites that shouldn't be lost. Here's the plan. They basically want merchants doing PPC, they have deeper pockets. They're also doing everything they can to lock them into Adwords. From free Google Checkout the rest of the year, nice bigger Google Checkout buttons etc. And with PPC, it's something that works itself out. People are not going to do PPC if they're losing money with it. So if they're making money, they're converting. Converting means people are finding what they're looking for. It handles itself.