Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4

Thread: How to start a website

html is the best start. And the right company!

When someone asks me how to get started online, I send them here => Click Here
    Looking for a rock solid affiliate marketing plan to follow?

1. You need a domain ( or make a domain on the free platforms like .blogger.com )
    2. You need hosting ( you don't need if you use a free platform )
    3. You need a script: joomla, worpdress or a paid one.
    4. Install the script.
    5. Add content.

Thanks for you valuable suggestions........website building starts for thr need when it arises

Hi, I already launch a site and how can i secure that?

As per my view, we have to follow few steps for creating a website and make a plan. I have just created one website on Joomla platform and I think first design web pages is the best starting.

how could i create a website.
    1 Health Insurance. How to Choose a Suitable Health Insurance Plan. Today people are more aware about the importance of good health as they want to live their life to the fullest. Hidden Content Hidden Content

Creating a great website is key to running a successful business, but for those who lack the necessary tech-savvy, it could turn into a complicated process. This guide will get you started.
    Today, the website of a company has usurped the front office as the place where first impressions are gleaned. Where it used to take a meeting or a few product samples for a customer to form an opinion about your business, now it's only a matter of a simple Google search which means you need to make sure that query result is a memorable one.

"Small businesses should be looking to have a personal presence on the Web something that would back up a sales call or brochure," says Tim Zack, a marketing executive at Red Clay Interactive, an Atlanta-based Web development firm. "It definitely shouldn't be an afterthought this is a capital investment in the success of your company."

The following guide will teach you the basics on how to start your website, as well as provide tips on designing and marketing the site to help drive business.

How to Start a Website

Creating a great website is key to running a successful business, but for those who lack the necessary tech-savvy, it could turn into a complicated process. This guide will get you started.

inShare

iStock

Today's Editor's Picks

How Fab.com Pulled Off Its Pivot
    4 Social Media Secrets From The Hunger Games
    Land an Amazing Mentor: 5 Tips
    6 Traits of Great Leaders
    Write a Better Executive Summary

Today, the website of a company has usurped the front office as the place where first impressions are gleaned. Where it used to take a meeting or a few product samples for a customer to form an opinion about your business, now it's only a matter of a simple Google search which means you need to make sure that query result is a memorable one.

"Small businesses should be looking to have a personal presence on the Web something that would back up a sales call or brochure," says Tim Zack, a marketing executive at Red Clay Interactive, an Atlanta-based Web development firm. "It definitely shouldn't be an afterthought this is a capital investment in the success of your company."

The following guide will teach you the basics on how to start your website, as well as provide tips on designing and marketing the site to help drive business.

How to Start a Website: What Do You Want to Accomplish?

The first thing you should assess before embarking on your online venture is what exactly you want to accomplish with your site. Do you want to sell products? Do you want to create a blog about your company or service? Depending on your industry and the nature of your business, your site may have a combination of different functions.

Below are some of the basic types of the sites, and what they can help you to achieve:

Brochure/general information: This type of site basically serves as your online business card. It provides information about who you are, what your company does, product or service pricing, possibly previous and current clients, and how customers should contact you. BlueStar Energy and MonaVie are both companies with great examples of what a brochure site should accomplish.

Retail/e-commerce: An e-commerce site allows your company to sell products directly to customers. Sites like Amazon and Zappos are great examples of the success the e-commerce site can afford a business. It usually employs the use of a shopping cart and payment processing utility, such as PayPal.

Content-driven sites: These include sites like news aggregator The Huffington Post or streaming video hub Hulu, which generate revenue by posting fresh content on a regular basis, and maintain a library of hundreds or thousands of pages.

Blogs: The blog can also be considered a content-based site, but more specifically, it involves a person (or people) from the company or site who regularly posts information relevant to their product or industry. Many business owners use this format to help generate a loyal customer following and drive sales. A great example would be the product blog of 37Signals, creator of popular project management tools Campfire and Basecamp.

Database sites: Examples of these would be the localized classified site Craigslist or travel search engine Kayak, where users can search for content or information that has been amassed from different resources or websites.