Thread: type at home down... again?

Default type at home down... again?

Anyone else here promote type-at-home.com? I got a email this morning saying type at home was down and I should promote the sister site databank. The email says for the lat 48 hours my clicks have been going to a blank page. I checked and they are going to the index page but without my affiliate link. Feels like what happened a few weeks ago when type-at-home was on clickbank and got cancelled.
    My stats show about $600 due next pay period, and there has been no clicks or sales for the last day or so.
    I hope I get paid.

It took them 48hours to send an email out? That's rediculous.. the links worked, you just didn't get any commission for the program so they probably made a ton more money not having to pay affiliates. Since they're not through clickbank they can easily do this now. They want you to use their other site that uses the exact same referral software that apparently sucks. I'd send them a nasty email and stop promoting their products.
    Learn how to make money online, the tools, tips and information to make it happen - Hidden Content

I got that same email this morning, and I also got an email form Billy asking me if I had received a letter from DataEntryBank about Type-At-Home. Last week sometime, I noticed that DataEntryBank and copied EXACTLY what Type-At-Home was doing in creating their new affiliate system - I mean EXACTLY. The same page with the old hoplinks that said the site was closed but to check out their sister "survey" site, the same message for affiliates about how they are creating a new platform for affiliates that will be 2-tiered (word for word like Billy's from Type-At-Home, just with a different Signature at the end of it).

After I saw all this, I emailed Billy to ask him if he was affiliated with DataEntryBank. He emailed me and said NO, and he had already contacted their host to try and get them removed.

Then this morning, I get an email from DataEntryBank saying the same thing you all said above, and I'm not sure what's going on, but I did respond to Billy's email to me asking if I had gotten that message, and I'll post what he says. He's always been very prompt in answering questions, so I expect to hear back from him soon - especially regarding something as serious as this.
    Hidden Content - The Most Valuable Tool In My Super Affiliate Business!

This is Veronica with Type At Home.
    Yes, another company has been sending out bogus emails to our affiliates. For the record, our site did not go offline! This is a flat out lie. This has been done with malicious intent and we have notified our attorneys.

If any of you have received this email, I kindly ask that you forward it to me.

Regards,

Veronica
    Affiliate Manager
    Type-At-Home.com

After what happened when the program was on clickbank, this all sounds kinda fishly.

Yeah I was wondering why the email came from a different company and not type-at-home, but then again, how did they get everyone's email and name that uses type-at-home? Very weird..

From the email.

"Of course we don't want this to continue to happen and we
    want to quickly redirect your traffic and links as we
    don't know how long Type-At-Home will be taking due to
    their unexpected and unpredictable mishap.

It could take a few days, weeks or even longer so we are
    recommending that you promote Type-at-Home's brother site
    DataEntryBank.com in place of Type-at-Home for the
    meantime until further notice."

I highly doubed that last part.. down for a few weeks?
    Learn how to make money online, the tools, tips and information to make it happen - Hidden Content

I just posted a new thread, but to answer your questions..

"Yeah I was wondering why the email came from a different company and not type-at-home, but then again, how did they get everyone's email and name that uses type-at-home? Very weird.."

Thats because it DIDNT come from us. He's emailing people telling them that we are offline trying to steal our affiliates.

"After what happened when the program was on clickbank, this all sounds kinda fishly."

What happened at clickbank is that without notice, they shut down our site and 30 other sites. We were already working to create our own affiliate program and this just expedited the vision.

What we have now is just the begginning. There is a lot more to come.

But back to this scammer. We have NOTHING to do with him. He's some scammer from the UK that is trying to build up his business by emulating ours.

Notice he went out and got the same affiliate tracking script we use. The list goes on.

The most important part is that our site is NOT offline, and everything is working like it should.

To all our success!

Billy Briggs

Thanks for the info but I still don't understand how the scammer got my name and email address, how did they even know I was registered as an affiliate of yours?

I was wondering for awhile now why EVERYTHING Type-At-Home did, DataEntryBank followed....word for word. I was under the impression that the sites were related or something, even though there is a considerable difference between each site's styles. If what Billy is saying is true, Type At Home should definitely take further action on this. DataEntryBank was one of the big data entry sites on Clickbank. I would hate to think they were this devious. Though, DataEntryPro was hardly better.

Ironic but type-at-home is actually down.. errors on their affiliate sites.

Report DataEntryBank to their isp for spamming if you never give them your email.

Quote Originally Posted by KuZz
    Thanks for the info but I still don't understand how the scammer got my name and email address, how did they even know I was registered as an affiliate of yours?