Thread: Regarding Social Bookmarks...Has Anyone Thought Of This Idea???

Default Regarding Social Bookmarks...Has Anyone Thought Of This Idea???

I've social bookmarked several of my web site's pages on the top 25 SB sites just like most of us do. I want MORE than no juice SB links though. I want exposure, so I narrowed the list down to only the SB sites that enable voting which ultimately increases your bookmarks exposure. These are pretty much the top SB sites anyway;

Digg
    Yahoo Buzz
    StumbleUpon
    Folkd
    Mixx
    Clipmarks

....these are the top six allowing voting if I'm not mistaken.

Now, I use Amazon's Mechanical Turk to get C2 content for my web site, but I thought....why not use it to jack up the votes for all my bookmarked web pages and article promos? Too bad Turk doesn't allow you to do this and removed my HIT after I got about 50 Diggs apiece on the two Diggs I placed the order on.

Digg articles with 200+ Duggs get a lot of exposure and the same can be said with heavy voted for links/articles/bookmarks at the other SB sites I've listed. My Digg experiment crashed quick (I didn't read the Turk's terms before I tried it, but I had a feeling they would slap me since they removed a simple poll survey HIT a month ago) ...whatever though, I got 100 diggs out of it and it only cost me 5 bucks.

ANYWAY....why can't our forum community create threads dedicated to each SB site with all of us submitting our profile URL and item to Digg, Stumble, Vote Up or Buzz???

This would allow us to jack up the exposure of all our SB's easily and at no cost. I figure the benefit v.s. time spent ratio is too good to not do it.

Anybody see a downside to this? This idea just popped into my head....not sure if we could pull this off around here or not. Is this something most forums would say "NO WAY" to it's members doing??

It sure would be nice to have all our key bookmarks in the top and most popular section of each SB site. What up about this???
    Chad Nicholls
    Insurance Broker/Webmaster
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

There would be some things to iron out to make it effective. Rules or guidelines to go by I guess... like when new members subscribe to one of the threads, they would only receive votes from the users they actually took the time to vote for. This way, a newbie to the thread couldn't just post his URL and BM title without voting for anyone in the thread and expect to get votes.

A simple comment with your forum user name on the SB site after you vote would be all we would need to verify once we get the email notification of a new thread post. The idea would be that everyone will vote for people who have voted for them without being obligated to vote for everyone in the thread as the list grows.
    Chad Nicholls
    Insurance Broker/Webmaster
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content