I asked this on another forum but have got no responses yet, so I am going to ask here.

I have my own web hosting and domain service, but I am having trouble doing php redirect...

I don't want to use free services like urlfreeze or tinyurl... I have plans for the website and such but for some reason I cannot seem to cloak my link right. I have researched google like crazy, watched videos on youtube, and I still am doing something wrong.

I can't tell if its a setting I need to change in my cpanel or if its something I am doing wrong.

I will let you all know what I am doing exactly.

Ok so on my desktop I made a folder and named it "recommends" I opened up notepad and copied:

<?php
header('Location: http://www.redirect-to-this-site.com...ge.html');
?>

Of course I changed the link to the clickbank hoplink...

I save it as the name of what I was promoting so "profitlance.php" I saved it in the recommends folder.

Then I accessed my website through core ftp and uploaded my reccomend folder to my "Public_html" folder I go to update it then type in my website/recommends/profitlance.php and nothing loads...

I don't know what I am doing wrong, I am really confused.

All I want to do is set up my link cloaking so it doesn't show my affiliate id in the web browser bar, I want it to look professional/nice.

Can someone please help me? I really am lost as to what it is I am doing wrong :/

Any help/advice would be appreciated greatly! Thanks!