Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I Always Buy a .com Domain Name?

Default Should I Always Buy a .com Domain Name?

Should I Always Buy a .com Domain Name?
    A .net domain is virtually identical to .com today, and if the option to buy a .com domain name is not available, a .net version may be. You may also see .net when trying to find out how to buy a .com domain name. The same can be said for a .org domain, but this is less common and you will see them still come close to their intended purpose. Domains such as .gov and .edu still remain close to their intended use as well, and are unlikely to be available for commercial use. A .biz domain is very rarely seen, being intended for a use everyone with an Internet connection sees. This domain was quickly dwarfed by .com domains, which have since become the go-to domain for commercial and business use, among many other things.

hello rockz,

.com is universal and sometimes costs a little bit more than the others.
    So depending on your website purpose, it is really up to you to see which is more appropriate the website

From an SEO point of view I think it doesn't even matter if you buy a TLD or anything else, e.g. info and so on. However, this is a controversial topic and I will stand out of it.

Buying a .com domain might be good for some additional direct traffic, you know, people who type your domain right into their browser and hit enter.

TLD's are easier to rank compared to other extensions and .com's are easier to rank under my opinion, ofcourse backlinks, content and SEO are important factors.

I suppose that out of the more than 100 domain extensions, dot com is easily the most preferred and popular. But why is this so and why should you first look for a dot com domain name before even considering any other domain extension?

I must say that there are many alternative extensions to .COM such as .Net and .Org..
    Have you considered them?

Well! If the .com is gone and you are deadly in need of the keyword, you can go for other available extension.
    Read more articles and get more relevant links on domaining at Hidden Content

If you stay away from .info you will do yourself a big favor

I live the in US and I am new to Internet marketing. How are the .us and .co domains doing? Are they better than .net and .ws?

If you live in the US, .com is better. If you want more traffic and visitors to your website, always choose a .com domain name.

Your first priority should be dot com domains otherwise you should for others.

Quote Originally Posted by rockz View Post
    A .net domain is virtually identical to .com today, and if the option to buy a .com domain name is not available, a .net version may be. You may also see .net when trying to find out how to buy a .com domain name. The same can be said for a .org domain, but this is less common and you will see them still come close to their intended purpose. Domains such as .gov and .edu still remain close to their intended use as well, and are unlikely to be available for commercial use. A .biz domain is very rarely seen, being intended for a use everyone with an Internet connection sees. This domain was quickly dwarfed by .com domains, which have since become the go-to domain for commercial and business use, among many other things.

I prefer .biz, they are better than .com. .com is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by rockz View Post

I prefer .biz, they are better than .com. .com is overrated.

Not at all. It depends on content of your website like if your site provides info then you should take .info but if you wanna use it for commercial purpose then you should buy .com

.com domain is always better..!!